Monday, June 11, 2012

Massanutten Hoo Haa Mountain Bike Race 2012

This race was more technical and difficult than I thought it would be.  The course had a lot of climbing and some of the rock gardens along the ridge of the mountain very challenging to clean however the majority of the course was pretty flowing and fast.  It was a hot day (about 90 or so) but thankfully the majority of the climbing was in the shade.

It was a stacked field of riders (especially for a local race); all the guys in the top 5 were very strong riders that I honestly didn't stand a chance of beating...  Jeremiah bishop, Nick Waite, a South African wold cup guy, a fast rider from Florida who made the trip up, and Arron Snyder (my team mate).  I was happy with my 7th place finish. 

1st Jeremiah bishop, 4th Aaron Snyder (team mate)



No comments: