Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekly Team Training Ride, Fairfax County Epic

This week we rode the trails in Fountainhead park which consists of lots of berms and fast intense climbs/ descents...

Then we rode over to do some of the Fairfax county cross country trails...

We linked it all together with roads and bike paths; It was 6 hour 75 mile ride.  We decide to call the  Fairfax County Epic because it linked together mountain bike trails in Fairfax just like the Montgomery county epic (MOCO epic) links together trails in Montgomery MD.  MORE (midatlantic off road enthusiasts) gave the name to the MOCO epic as a fundraising ride to raise money for trails in the area. This was are Fairfax VA version...

It was at a pretty hard pace (at least i thought so) I was dropped 3 times and the last 10 miles I was getting light headed.  Jeff, Dylan and Ian were merciful and slowed down the pace for me.  It also started to rain toward the end of the ride.  Being wet at 38 degrees was pretty uncomfortable.  When I stopped moving I stated shriving and didn't stop till I got in car and turned on the heat.



No comments: