Monday, January 9, 2012

Watershed Team Training Ride

MOCO epic (montgomery epic) team training ride was canceled yesterday due to wet trails as an alternative we did a long ride at Gambrill state park and the watershed (water drains much better at the watershed, trail conditions were great).  It was a 3.5 hour ride and we went 30 miles.  Jeff Dickey and Dylan Johnson were there.  This is where I normally ride (7 miles from where I live) but on most occasions I only ride the dirt roads of the park because much of the trail riding is very technical and falls and broken parts are common.  Also maintaining a certain HR intensity can be difficult.  Despite being my home turf Dylan showed me a a gem of a trail I didn't know about.  It was one I had been down before but was unaware that it had a lot of trail work done to it and was 10 times better than when I last rode it.

No team ride next week Dyan and Jeff have other training/ vacation plans.  I will probably end up doing a solo ride.  Next team training ride is scheduled for Jan 22.

No comments: