Monday, December 26, 2011

MOCO Epic 3rd & 4th Training Rides Cancled, Strava

Weekly MOCO epic training ride didn't happen yesterday and will also be canceled for next weekend.  With x-mas and new years there are too many schedule conflicts.  I'm going to use these two weeks get some longer rides in to hopefully get my fitness to a place where I don't feel like I need to go race pace to keep up with Dylan and Jeff.  Next MOCO epic ride will be on Jan 7th.

I received a GPS for Christmas. One of those Garmin ones that you can attach your bike. I also set up a Strava account.  They are one of the sponsors of are team.  Strava lets you download your ride, calculates your power output, shows a map of where you road, lets you compare and compete with others on climbs, gives an easy to read line graph of heart rate, elevation , power, distance and speed. It's also a social networking type of site you can follow other riders and comment on their rides.  It has made me more motivated to ride.

The Strava site...

http://app.strava.com/about


1 comment:

C.P.T said...

I'm sorry, dude, your spelling (or lack there of) is driving me nuts.