Saturday, August 28, 2010

Michaux, Fall


Rode at Michaux with Joe and Larry…


It was fun to go someplace new.  Larry knows his way around Michaux; it was nice to have him as are navigator.  The trails there have some pretty technical sections one of which I had a pretty bad fall (it looked bad anyway).  I went to put my foot down but continued to fall down a slope; kinda like the guy in this video…




I only fell about 15-20 feet and landed in a soft section of soil.  The water bottles in my jersey pocket and my left buttock absorbed all the impact.  Over all I got pretty lucky; I had no control over my momentum I could have just as likely landed head first on a rock.

My bike seat got messed up during the fall...

2 comments:

Michael Bielat said...

That looked super painful man. So glad to hear that you came out of that with only some minor bumps and nothing serious...

camps said...

Yea man, glad you came out of that OK. Looked pretty bad, and we know it was only 1-yard away from being really bad.

Hoping you have a wonderful week filled with rainbows and a new saddle.