Sunday, December 13, 2009

Audio Books, Chesapeake & Ohio Canal Pics

Chesapeake & Ohio Canal is pretty but about as nontechnical and flat as a trail can be.  Perfect conditions for audiobooks/ podcasts.  My body is occupied but my mind is fee to wonder so I can concentrate on listening.  I save the music for the times when I am riding hard and need something to keep me motivated.

Before autible.com and my I-pod I would ride with a tape player and books on tape.  The Tapes and Tape player was super bulky filling up two jersey pockets one for the tape player and another for the tapes.  I was thrilled when I found out about audible.com 6 years ago.  Now I can carry multiple books on my I-pod and it takes up a fraction of the space.  I would recommend as a great alternative to music for rides.

I listened to short story’s of the Sherlock homes and took some pictures...
This bridge at the Seneca creek aqueduct
One of the many locks of the canal paralleling the c and o
One of the more well maintained sections of trail
Big rocks

6 comments:

Anna said...

your blog is stale

Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have here...I wonder if you like bike then you must like bike games...you can play bike games at this site Bike Games. Also, you can play more game sites at Online Games, Kissing Games , Car Games, Driving Games, Truck Games, Dress Up Games, Games for Girls, Addicting Games and Girl Games.

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog, if you like to play some bike games you can check out this site
Bike Games, and some other cool sites:

Fun Girl Games, Bratz Games, Girl Games, Makeover Games, Car Games, Parking Games, Truck Games, Mario Games, Sonic Games.

Anonymous said...

I read a few topics. I respect your work and added blog to favorites.

dogpaw said...

I completely agree. I rode the C&O canal in it's entirety (~186 miles)on Labor day 2007 (3am to 9pm). What kept me going were my two audio books on my ipod. The canal is great for books on tape or deep thought.
What's with the auto insurance comments?

Anonymous said...

michigan auto insurance quotes