Monday, July 13, 2009

Pats Peak Bike Race 2009

Henniker NH

The turn out was good; 30 something I think (didn’t count).  The weather was nice; around 80, sunny and dry but wet from the day before.

I think the hill intervals helped because was feeling better than normal on the climbs.  My climbiing did get noticably slower for the last two laps though (5 lap race).  I guess I need to do more hill intervals if i want to climb strong for the entire race.  I came in 7th ( I was happy with that) here are the rest of the results…

4 comments:

Wheels said...

Nice rip Mike. Sorry you missed Domnarski. You sure didn't miss a fun course. See you @ Snow.

mike joos said...

thanks, see you then

Anonymous said...

Has anyone heard about the Mud Hog Race that's happening at Gunstock on August 9? It sounds crazy!! Running/Biking and slogging through mud with a beer garden at the end. Check out what I read:

Third Annual Mud Hog Race. Run Hard. Ride Hard. Finish Dirty! Join the fun on Sunday August 9, 2009 at Gunstock Mountain Resort in Gilford, NH. This is an incredible event where teams of two switch-off running and biking during the first four segments of a 5-6 mile course. The pairs run together during the final leg of the course. The course include obstacles at each transition point and a 60 foot Mud Hog Mud Pit that stands between them and the finish line. After the race, participants enjoy a BBQ while they watch other racers dig their way through the Mud Hog Mud Pit and listen to live music! Proceeds benefit Breathe New Hampshire. For more information or to register, visit mudhograce.com/mud hog.

mike joos said...

I heard the mud hog event is lame.