Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why Do Mountain Bikers Have So Many Excuses?



Why do mountain bikers have so many excuses?

There are a lot of things that can go wrong with your bike and your self.  So a lot of the excuses are justified but other times... not so much.

Excuses aren’t necessarily a bad thing, they can be helpful.  As long as you can convince yourself that the excuse you use are true you can reap the benefits of having more confidence and a better self esteem.  Telling your self excuses takes away all the blame from your self and putting it on things, events, conditions and other people.

“Its not my fault I would have won that race if it wasn’t for my (bad knee, crappy bike, other people getting in my way, my inappropriate tire tread pattern, bla bla bla Ect. Ect. Ect.)

It's all out of your control destiny decides your fate thus freeing you from the horrible burden of responsibility. 

No comments: