Sunday, September 7, 2008

Landmine Mountain Bike Race 2008

This course was one large 26 mile lap, super fast for the first half and super rooty and rocky for the second half.  I went all the way from hero to zero in this race. Great start, led for the first 5 miles, I was caught by a rider from Bikebarn (the big bike shop in the area). We switched off for a while then he put in an attack on a technical climb and I couldn’t hang.   My technical riding was good but his fitness was better than mine.   Soon after he dropped me I got a flat and I had a bit of a problem fixing it.  By the time I did everyone in my category had passed me.  I through in the towel and just rolled in.  Turns out I had a better day than my team mate John Burns had a bad fall on one of the wood bridges breaking his handlebar (I don't trust carbon handlebars; neither dose John after that experience).

7 comments:

Anna said...

Sorry you went from hero to zero. Sorry you stepped in poo. Way to keep your spirits up though! Bad luck races are a true test of character.

ps - always sniff before you scratch

mike joos said...

“always scratch before you sniff” that’s a good saying. we could team up and make signs!! they could be used @ those dog walking areas rest stations (and other places where animals poo) we could make a mint. Think about it.

Anna said...

ummmm.... has this blog been abandon?

Anonymous said...

Your blog is different from other blogs because of transparency of information.

mike joos said...

plastic card printing,

are you insulting me?

mooradian said...

Mike
Love the picture on the new sight. You are the man putting a pic of me up there. Can't wait for the spring

mike joos said...

I thought you would like that. its suitable considering that you are one of my most frequent blog commenters.