Monday, May 26, 2008

Coyote Hill Classic 2008

A beautiful day for a race, a common theme it seems this year.  So far every race in this series (root 66) has had just about perfect weather.  I hope that continues.

-Dry course (driest I’ve seen it)
-A huge turn out (21 in my category)
-And One of the best venues (Vermont is such a pretty state)

I personally had a lot of fun riding this course. It had fast twisty sections other than the one fire road at the beginning of the race it was difficult to find an opportunity to reach down and grab a the water bottle. I heard some complaints about sore back and arms from all the rocks and roots.

After the DNF last race I was happy to get through this one with out any issues. More importantly than good results great weather and no major mechanical problems are key to having a fun race (that sounds like something a loser would say).

Here’s how it finished up

Justine Lindine 1st
Adam Snyder 2nd
Thom Parsons 3rd
Mike Meridian 4th
Me 5th

Honorable mention to Greg Carpenter who was riding well and had a mechanical in the last half of the last lap. 

Next race in the series Pats Peak ( kinda reminds me of a mini mount snow)

1 comment:

Wheels said...

My favorite part of the race was following you as you blazed our own trail to avoid a tangle-up on the 1st lap. You rode like a man possessed! Good job.