Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mount Snow, Bears, Neck

September 16th 2007, International Ozone Day and date of the Kenda Mount Snow XC Classic.   The race turnout was not as large as last weekend, which was kind of strange.  I think Mount Snow is a lot better venue than last weekend.

The day was beautiful about 60 and sunny.  Vermont has got to be one of the prettiest places to be during fall. Trees just started to turn but its still pretty.

I felt good coming into this race except that my neck was a little stiff from sleeping on it wrong.  I was riding crappy during the beginning of the race but even when I warmed up a bit and my neck felt better I had lost my motivation after loosing so much time at the start.  The third lap I got my head in the game and passed a couple of people to come in 6th out of 9.  My neck felt a lot worse after the race and I bought a neck collar on the way home.

West Dover the town Mount Snow is near had something going on with these bear sculptures. Identical bear sculptures were all over town.   They were the same shape but decorated differently.  Who ever decorated them must have spent a while doing it.   I tried to get a picture of all of them.  19 of them I think but I probably missed some.





















No comments: